How Big is Your Baby?
Your Baby’s Development
In this week by week pregnancy guide, you’ll learn that:
- Your baby can now differentiate between day and night as the light passes through the thin uterine wall.
- He will be closing and opening his eyes during sleeping and waking up times.
- He has developed an immune system of his own.
- He has also learnt how to breathe now.
- His bones are hardening.
- He is also undergoing some major brain development.
- Since your metabolic rate has reached its peak, you will be left feeling overheated all the time.
- Sleep has become elusive with the hormonal rush, regular trips to the bathroom, leg cramps, and heartburn.
- Headaches and feeling anxious all the time will become a common affair.
- You will start experiencing strong foetal movements inside the womb.
- Your nails will become brittle because of hormonal activities.
- If your belly starts hurting when you change positions on bed, it might be because of the round ligament pain. This is described as a sharp or jabbing pain usually in the belly or groin area that is, unfortunately, common during pregnancy.
- Shortness of breath will become routine.
- You may feel clumsy and become forgetful of even the smallest things.
- Avoid exercising and eating close to your bedtime.
- While exercising, you must not indulge in anything strenuous.
- Ensure that you stick to healthy eating.
- Keep yourself hydrated by drinking at least eight to 10 glasses of water every day. Avoid aerated drinks.
- To ease down anxiety, pamper yourself with a warm bath.
- Drink a warm cup of milk before sleeping and listen to your favourite soundtrack to help you soothe down.
- If you are planning on cord blood banking, sign up for it now.
Your next week: 34 weeks pregnant
Your previous week: 32 weeks pregnant
Do you have questions on this week by week pregnancy guide? What are your current concerns, mums? Leave us a comment below!