For parents who often go for walks with their baby, a baby bottle bag is one of the most important necessities for storing breast milk or formula milk. This is because baby milk is feared to be contaminated or spoiled if of the wrong temperature, or without proper storage over a long period of time.
To help overcome this problem, baby bottle bag can be used to store breast milk and formula safely, and can even be used to store baby food. The milk bag is not like any regular bag, it is usually insulated such as to always provide the milk with perfect storage mechanisms.
How to Choose the Best Baby Bottle Bag?
A good baby bottle bag offers safe storage for milk bottles and is usually insulated for longer preservation of milk, serving useful if you are on a long trip without access to a refrigerator.
There are baby bottle bag made for storing milk bottles only, and there are also wider ones for storing other necessities, such as diapers, wet tissues, small towels or snacks.
Here are some considerations before choosing a milk bag for daily needs:
- Size: Find a bag that suits your needs—will you only be storing a milk bottle, or do you need more space for a pump? Some parents choose smaller bags, suitable for travel.
- Material: Find a bag made of a material that is waterproof and easy to clean, as milk is at risk of spillage.
- Durable: A good storage bag is preferably durable, with a sturdy handle. There are various types of bags available in the market made of nylon, synthetics, leather and others.
5 Best Baby Bottle Bag in the Market
#1 Skip Hop Grab & Go Double Bottle Insulated Bag
This Skip Hop bag has a beautiful design and is suitable for stylish moms who love fashion. Not only can it be carried on the back, but this great product can also be hung on a stroller, making it easier for mothers if and when they do not wish to hand-carry it.
The bag is also covered with insulation, such that baby milk can be preserved for up to 4 hours. It also makes for a great snack bag!
What we like:
- Holds up to two large bottles or sippy cups
- Insulation allows for bottles to stay warm or cold
- Zip installed in 2 directions, allowing storage of 1 or 2 bottles
- Includes frozen packs
- Adjustable straps
- Mesh pocket inside the bag
- BPA and phthalate-free
- Size (inches): 6.75L x 3.5W x 9H
#2 Lekebaby Thermal Insulation Bag
The Lekebaby brand is perfect for breastfeeding moms, both durable with easy access and management. Ice packs last longer to ensure milk is preserved throughout the journey and this bag even has a bigger capacity, suitable as a daily bag.
What we like:
- Insulated layer keeps the bottle warm or cold
- Keeps breast milk cool for up to 8 hours
- Easy On The Go: Stores up to six baby bottles
- Comes with an adjustable strap for carrying on the shoulders
- The design with two types of zippers allows for easy opening
- Opening at the front allows for easy storage of milk bottles into the bag, and the opening at the top allows for easy access. Also includes a front zipper for smaller items.
- Durable: Made with 600D Oxford fabric, waterproof and durable, high-quality aluminium foil lining made with baby-safe material.
#3 Tommee Tippee Closer to Nature Insulated Bottle Carrier
Looking for a simpler milk bag? Tommee Tippee has a product that is light, compact and suitable for mothers who want a milk bag for a short walk with their little ones.
This insulated bottle carrier has excellent thermal properties, keeping the baby bottle as cool or warm as needed. It is designed to keep a bottle of milk, yet can also be used to store a baby food jar.
What we like:
- Great for moms who are always on-the-go
- Excellent thermal properties
- Neat handle that can be hung from a stroller
- Keeps the baby bottle at an appropriate temperature for several hours
#4 V-Coool Simplicity Portable Cooler Bag
This elegant V-Coool brand milk bottle bag comes in a variety of attractive colours! It is able to store milk at an appropriate temperature for 3 to 8 hours while ensuring that breast milk is free of bacteria and full of key nutrients that babies need for healthy development.
Additionally, it has two openings and can hold a milk pump in the top opening, as well as a milk bottle in the bottom opening.
What we like:
- Interesting colours
- Can store 5 to 6 bottles of milk
- 600D Oxford fabric material + 10MM pearl insulation cotton + environmentally friendly aluminium foil coating
- 24 x 117 x 25cm
#5 Princeton Double Layer Cooler Bag 2.0
The Princeton Double Layer 2.0 bag not only looks great but also functions well, allowing for storage of 10 bottles and 10 packs of milk.
There are 3 ways to carry it—crossbody, tote style, or backpack-style. It is made with polyester nylon and comes with a neat rose gold zip!
What we like:
- Cooling effect of up to 12 hours
- Up to 4 hours of heat effect
- 3 ways to carry: hand carry, backpack, sling
- 2 openings: top layer for storage of breast pump tools and accessories; bottom layer for storing baby bottles or milk storage bags
- Water and dust resistant surface
- Includes an extra zipped back pocket
Disclaimer: You are not allowed to share this article on any other website or on Facebook without providing proper credit and the original article link on theAsianparent Malaysia website
Read more: Do You Know What’s In Your Child’s Milk?