Bubur lambuk is a popular dish during the fasting month in Malaysia. How lambuk porridge is usually made is through gotong-royong in the mosque to be distributed to the congregation as food for breaking fast.
But now you don't have to wait for the fasting month to enjoy this dish, with the shared lambuk porridge recipe, you can make it anytime! Easy actually, even kids love it!
Lambuk porridge recipe
[caption id="attachment_442968" align="aligncenter" width="650"] Credit: Tatler Malaysia[/caption]
According to Nur Haziqah's sharing on her Facebook page, she has uploaded several ways to make easy lambuk porridge at home using only an electric pot.
You can cook lambuk porridge in large quantities and stored in a closed container, then placed in the refrigerator . If you do not feel like eating white rice, you can just heat the ready-cooked porridge at any time.
The good thing about this lambuk porridge is that all the necessary nutrients are complete in one porridge. Both in terms of meat and vegetables are all ready in one serving. Usually lambuk porridge uses beef, but if you do not like to use meat, you can change it according to whatever your taste buds.
There are also people who make lambuk porridge with tau fish! Yes, don't be surprised, it tastes pretty good. Even when mixed with fried onions it is delicious!
Ingredients you need:
- 1 1/2 pots of rice- wash, soak for 15 minutes and drain.
- The meat is cut into small pieces, washed and drained.
- Adabi brand soup seasoning 1 pack.
- Soup leaves sliced small
- 1 slice of carrot cut into cubes
- 1 seed potato diced
- 4 cloves garlic
- 5 onion cloves
- 2 inches of ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper powder
- 100 ml coconut milk
- 2 liters of water
- fried onions
- Sugar and salt
How to make bubur lambuk:
- Grind ginger, garlic and onion with a little water until smooth. Heat oil and sauté the ground ingredients until fragrant.
- Then, add 1 packet of soup seasoning and stir.
- Add the meat and stir in 1 minute. Then, add the rice, stirring until smooth.
- Transfer the rice inside rice cooker. Add water, potatoes , carrots. Cook until it becomes fluffy.
- Next, add coconut milk, sugar, salt, black pepper powder, soup leaves and fried onions. Stir well and cook again until the rice is crushed.
- Ready to serve. Good luck!
Best Rice Cooker Range with Prices Below RM100
Do you need an electric cooker or rice cooker at an affordable price? We at theAsianparent Malaysia have prepared some of the best options for moms to easily cook at home. Among them:
#1 Midea Rice Cooker MG-GP18B 1.8L
- Keep Warm Function
- Cooking automatically
- Easy to use and can choose to keep food warm
- Compact design
- 1.8 L/ 10 cups/ 10 people
- 1 year warranty by Midea Malaysia
#2 ELBA 1.8L Rice Cooker ERC-1866 / ERC-1866T
- Size 1.8 Liters
- Has a power of 700W
- The inner pot is removable
- Warranty for 1 year
- Conventional pot type
#3 Russell Taylors 1.8L ERC-18
- ERC-18 (Steam Rack Included)
- Size 1.8 Liters
- Quick and easy cooking period
- 1 year warranty
- Steamers are provided along
- Beautiful and exclusive design
#4 Panasonic SR-E18A 1.8L
- A brand that is trusted by many
- It is high quality, strong and durable
- User friendly
- Suitable for medium-sized families
- Cheap and affordable price
#5 KHIND Rice Cooker 2.8L RC928
- Enough for 14 family members
- 14 cups of rice
- Save electricity with Smart Switch
- Smart Switch allows the user to choose whether to stay hot or not automatically while cooking
- No wastage of rice if choosing without staying warm (keep warm)
The benefits of porridge
[caption id="attachment_442983" align="aligncenter" width="670"] Credit: Instant Pot Recipe by Amy + Jack[/caption]
Porridge is a food that helps the digestive system be good for the stomach, in addition to being a healthy eating practice. A serving of porridge taken at breakfast contains carbohydrates that help provide energy throughout the day.
Rice-based porridge, even with coconut milk, can replace main dishes such as rice. It is not only nutritious, energizes, increases appetite, but also balances nutritional tastes such as sweet and spicy. In addition to its health benefits, porridge is also popular during the fasting month because of its easy preparation, thus saving time.
In Malaysia, besides lambuk porridge, rice-based porridge can be mixed with other main ingredients such as marrow, meat, chicken, shrimp, fish and crab.
Coconut milk-based porridge can be combined with grains, beans, rice, vegetables, pumpkin, potatoes and sweet potatoes.
For the community, they always eat porridge with chicken soup, while the Chinese are also usually eating porridge with side dishes such as horseradish sauce, anchovies, youtiao and so on. In fact, it is usually eaten at breakfast.
So what are you waiting for, let's prepare this dish for the whole family. For kids who choose to eat, trust me they will love it!
Disclaimer: You are not allowed to share this article on any other website or on Facebook without providing proper credit and the original article link on theAsianparent Malaysia website
Read more: 18 fabulous and easy to make rice cooker meals (desserts included)