Sunway Mall Launches Reusable Antibacterial Fabric Masks, Here is How You Can Redeem Yours
The ‘new normal’ takes a lot of getting used to – face masks have become compulsory and those who do not comply are subject to heavy fines. However, these precautions are absolutely necessary for the public safety and most importantly, ourselves as well as our families.
Following this, Sunway Malls have launched their ‘Mask-On’ campaign, which will introduce four special edition reusable fabric face masks that have been certified by reputable inspection corporations to ensure its effectiveness.
Sunway Malls ‘Mask-On’ Campaign
To ensure the safety of their customers, Sunway Malls recently launched their eco-friendly fabric masks in a bid to reduce wastage and protect people from the spread of germs.
These reusable protective face masks are made with 99.94 percent Antibacterial Effectiveness antimicrobial fabric. Furthermore, its outer layer is made with propriety washable knitted fabric, while the inner layer features soft-style cotton that absorbs heat emitted from the body, adding to the breathability of the mask.
“Providing our shoppers with peace of mind and safety while shopping is our top priority as we want them to feel secure with us. We hope the ‘Mask-On’ campaign will be a fun way for everyone to practice safe measures whilst ensuring that we all do our part to protect ourselves and others.
“It will also be a unique way for our shoppers to find out more about the stories behind Sunway Malls’ one-of-a-kind architectural designs while wearing the masks,” said Sunway Malls Chief Operating Officer, Kevin Tan.
Stay safe in style with four designs
These eco-friendly masks will feature a special edition print inspired by the different architectural styles of Sunway Malls. The styles take inspiration from these four malls:
- Sunway Pyramid – The Egyptian Pyramid: Taking inspiration from Sunway Pyramid’s notable structure, the Egyptian Pyramid symbolises intellect, strength, stability, peace and passion. The Egyptian motive echoes throughout the mall with hieroglyphics decorating facades and numerous Pharaonic statuaries. Sunway Pyramid is now a main component of Sunway City, including a theme park, 5-Star hotel, world class exhibition centre, an integrated health specialist centre and award-winning campuses.
- Sunway Putra – The Sun-Drop Diamond: Part of an integrated development comprising a mall, hotel and office tower, Sunway Putra is situated within the Diamond Triangle in our capital city of Kuala Lumpur. The mall’s eye-catching architecture is inspired by South Africa’s Sun-Drop Diamond and the overall shape and main colours of the gem are reflected on the building’s façade and interior. This can now be seen on the Sun-Drop Diamond limited edition mask, which symbolises rejuvenation, promotes hope, renewal and prosperity.
- Sunway Velocity – The Renaissance Globe: Born out of Sunway’s ambitions for the Cheras community, Sunway Velocity’s design concept borrows from the Renaissance Globe, which marks the transition from the middle ages to the modern era – aligning with the urban regeneration Sunway wants to achieve. As the only spherical retail development in Malaysia, Sunway Velocity’s façade of glass roofs and façades welcome a flow of natural light, provides acoustic improvements and its themed floors form a world within worlds for endless exploration. The design on this mask signifies a clear worldview, aspiration and ambition to bring about an urban renaissance for Cheras.
- Sunway Carnival/Big Box/Citrine – The Astute Cube: Last but certainly not the least is the mask inspired Sunway Carnival, Sunway Big Box and Sunway Citrine. The Astute Cube epitomises the many facets of life where positivity prevails and is inspired by the juxtaposition of different size cubes that adorn the façade of Sunway Carnival Mall, as well as the large format stores at Sunway Big Box and Sunway Citrine which offers close to 100 retail, F&B and entertainment stores.
How to redeem your reusable mask
To redeem a mask, you will need to spend a minimum amount at the participating malls during a certain time period. However, the spending limit will vary between malls.
Check out the breakdown below to understand how you can get your special edition mask.
Here are the participating outlets:
- Sunway Pyramid (14 to 31 August 2020): Spend RM250 in a minimum of two receipts to redeem a face mask and a mask holder, with a maximum of two mask set redemptions a day, per customer. Huawei customers only need to spend a minimum of RM200 in two receipts to redeem the same deal.
- Sunway Velocity Mall (27 August to 9 september 2020): Spend RM200 in two receipts (RM150 for Sunway Pals or Sunway Velocity Mall mobile app users or VeloKiddie members) to redeem an adult face mask and holder. Kids’ mask redemption are available for VeloKiddie members only. A maximum of three redemptions a day per customer are allowed.
- Sunway Putra Mall (14 August to 31 August 2020): Spend RM150 in a one receipt to redeem a face mask and a mask holder. New Putra Junior Club or Autsome Members will only need to spend RM100 in a receipt to redeem a kid’s face mask and a holder.
- Sunway Carnival Mall (14 to 31 August 2020): Spend RM250 in a minimum of twi receipts to redeem a face mask and a mask holder.
- Sunway Big Box Retail Park (14 to 31 August 2020): Spend RM200 in four receipts to redeem a face mask and a mask holder. A maximum of two NSK receipts are accepted per redemption.
- Sunway Ctrine (30 to 31 August 2020): Spend RM200 in two receipts to redeem a face mask and a mask holder.
Here are some extra fabric mask tips
However, with fabric masks you will need to have extra care to ensure your mask stays clean throughout all your uses. Here are some helpful tips on fabric mask usage:
#1 Tip: Use a hand sanitiser before wearing or removing your fabric mask on-the-go. Hand sanitisers are readily available at retail outlets in the mall such as L’occitane or AEON Wellness.
#2 Tip: Use a drop of Claire’s Essential Oil on your fabric mask for a calming scent all day long, and treat your lips and skin with a soothing balm.
#3 Tip: At the end of your day, hand wash your mask daily with warm water and a few drops of Guardian’s antiseptic liquid to banish germs.
Shop safe at Sunway Malls
In line with its ‘Your Safe Space, Our Safe Space’ initiative, Sunway Malls has put in place 82 safety and hygiene measures including the installation of 4,000 CCTV cameras, 12 units of high accuracy thermal cameras and 30 cameras equipped with facial recognition to encourage physical distancing.
For peace of mind, all family-friendly amenities and frequent touchpoints in the mall such as the kid’s toilet, baby rooms, baby strollers, wheelchairs, playgrounds and play areas are disinfected every 45 minutes and coated with Nano Coating Technology to effectively eliminate viruses and bacteria.
Care ambassadors and physical distancing officers are stationed within all malls to ensure that customers observe physical distancing, safety and hygiene guidelines.
For more information on the ‘Mask-On’ Campaign and to get more tips and tricks on how to stay protected in style with your fabric mask, visit www.sunwaymalls.com/mask-on or Sunway Malls’ individual social media pages.
Disclaimer: You are not allowed to share this article on any other website or on Facebook without providing proper credit and the original article link on theAsianparent Malaysia website.
No More Face Masks? Shopee Increases Their Supply
5 Manfaat Kenapa Ibu Ayah Patut Layan Anak Kalau Dia Suka Jadi Hero, Lebih-Lebih Lagi PJ Masks Di Sunway Pyramid Ini!
Keluar Keputihan Lepas Hubungan Kelamin, Adakah Ia Normal @ Bahaya Pada Vagina?
Doktor Pediatrik Ini Kongsikan Cara Merangsang Anak Kecil Mula Bercakap, Jom Cuba Parents!