With Hari Raya just around the corner, many families would soon get busy preparing their homes for gatherings, while others are preparing to balik kampung which may be a long drive home for some.
Whether it is getting your car ready for the journey, spring cleaning homes for the celebration or even getting style-ready to meet friends and families again, there is plenty to be done! While it can be difficult to know where to start, here is a Dyson guide to creating a clean space and hair tips for the upcoming celebrations.
From using cord-free vacuums for a deep clean to ensuring cleaner air quality, there is a Dyson technology for every occasion. A full list of Ramadan featured deals is here.
Freshen up your car interiors for that long balik kampung journey
Car interiors can get dirty quickly. As well as looking unsightly, leaving cars uncleaned can impact our well-being as dust, allergens and mould can thrive in the right conditions. Cleaning the inside of your car is actually an easy process with the lightweight and powerful Dyson Digital Slim™ Fluffy Extra cordless vacuum and the right attachments.
- Before starting to vacuum, open all the car doors for ventilation, prepare a rubbish or recycling bag for waste disposal, and remove any loose items of rubbish. Finally, remove floor mats from the footwells and place them somewhere clean and dry.
- Start with the seats and use the Light Pipe Crevice tool to illuminate dark and tight spaces and vacuum along the seams of seats, as close to the stitching as possible. Pay special attention to the seam where the back meets the seat bottom as a surprising amount of dirt and debris can gather here, such as forgotten crumbs and invisible dirt. Repeat this process with the side pockets in the car doors.
- Next, click in the Mini-motorised tool and slowly vacuum the upholstery on the seats, removing any loose debris as well as invisible dust and allergens that can gather in soft furnishings. Use the ‘Boost’ mode on your vacuum for extra power.
- Use your Combination tool with the soft nylon bristles extended to remove dust and dirt from the car body. Gently vacuum the dashboard and between the vents. Use a damp cloth to gently remove any marks or stains on the dashboard, leaving it to dry thoroughly.
- Finally, move your attention to the flooring and floor mats, and use the Mini-motorised tool to tackle any areas of stubborn dirt, as the stiff nylon bristles will help to scrub off dried dirt.
Deep clean your carpets and hard floors
Fibres in carpets and rugs can hide fine dust and dirt, as well as harbour microscopic life – such as dust mites, mould and allergens. Likewise, your hard floors could accumulate fine dust that is difficult to see with your naked eye. Even if your hard floors and carpet do not look visibly dirty, remember to vacuum them before your friends and family gather this Hari Raya.
Here are some tips on how to clean your carpets and vacuums efficiently with the right attachments:
- While it may seem like an effort to change tools mid-vacuum, this will help you remove dust you can see, and dust you can’t. Use a Reach Under tool to clean hard to reach places around the edge of the carpet, or the Direct Drive Cleaner head to remove dust buried in thick pile rugs.
- Vacuum slowly. Vacuuming slowly gives the airflow and brush bar more time to “agitate” the dust and dirt between the carpet fibres and remove them entirely. It also means you’re more likely to capture invisible allergens hidden deep in the carpet pile.
- Go over the same spot – but not too often. More passes over an area will give the machine the best chance of cleaning the carpet well, but any more than two or three times gives minimal increase, according to our research in the laboratory.
- A vacuum-like the powerful, intelligent and compact Dyson V12 Detect Slim Total Clean can provide assurance of a deep clean for hard floors and carpets, as laser dust detection reveals dust particles invisible to the eye, with a precisely-angled green laser integrated into a Fluffy cleaner head, along with Acoustic Dust Sensing technology – so you don’t miss a thing.
The Dyson Digital Slim™ Fluffy Extra is priced at a special offer of RM2,299, while the Dyson V12 Detect Slim™ Total Clean is priced at RM3,599. Both cord-free vacuums are exclusively available from www.dyson.my and Dyson Demo Stores nationwide.
Purify your indoor air quality at home
Whether you are cooking a feast or inviting friends and relatives over for gatherings, we cannot neglect our indoor air quality.
Certified asthma and allergy friendly by Allergy Standards Limited, the Dyson Purifier Cool™ Formaldehyde captures viruses, allergens and dust, and destroys formaldehyde continuously, all while projecting purified air across the room.
Dyson Purifier Cool™ Formaldehyde air purifiers not only sense formaldehyde with their intelligent solid-state sensor, but they also destroy it, using Dyson’s Selective Catalytic Oxidisation (SCO) filter. Some formaldehyde sensors are gel-based, so can dry out over time, causing the precision and performance of the sensor to deteriorate. Dyson’s formaldehyde sensor is solid-state, and so doesn’t dry out, lasting the lifetime of the machine.
Equipped with sophisticated air quality sensors tested against POLAR test standards, the purifier features a fully-sealed filtration system, combined with an activated carbon filter to remove gases and a Glass HEPA filter that captures 99.95% of microscopic allergens and pollutants as small as 0.1 microns, including allergens, bacteria, pollen and mould. Additionally, users can receive real-time live indoor air quality reports on an LCD display and the Dyson Link app.
The Dyson Purifier Cool™ Formaldehyde is priced at RM3,199 and is exclusively available from www.dyson.my and Dyson Demo Stores nationwide.
Style your hair
Engineered to care for the scalp with fast drying unlike any other, the Dyson Supersonic™ hairdryer uses high-speed airflow to dry hair fast without extreme heat to preserve the natural shine. This is ideal for hijab-wearers and those seeking to style their hair in the shortest time possible.
Lightweight and comfortable to hold, Dyson engineers harnessed the design of the Dyson digital motor V9 – a small, yet powerful motor that sits and spins in the handle at 110,000rpm – to deliver 41 litres of powerful airflow, along with an on-board intelligent heat control system that keeps the temperature below 150°C to prevent heat damage.
Hijab-wearers with sensitive scalps can now use the Gentle air attachment to dry their scalps prior to donning the headscarf, while other users can utilize magnetic hair attachments like the new Flyaway attachment to tame unruly hair frizz and flyaways.
Suitable for long, medium and short hair lengths, the versatile Dyson Airwrap™ multi-styler, our most awarded styling tool is now radically redesigned, bringing new and re-engineered attachments powered by enhanced Coanda airflow.
Fully customisable to deliver a range of styles for different hair types, the styling tool features next-generation styling barrels with a rotating cool tip, for achieving curls and waves faster, alongside an all-new dual purpose Coanda smoothing dryer that hides flyaways in a single pass, while transforming into a powerful dryer – all with no extreme heat.
The Dyson Supersonic ™ hairdryer is priced at RM2,099 and the Dyson Airwrap™ multi-styler is priced at RM2,699, available direct from www.dyson.my and Dyson Demo Stores nationwide.
Disclaimer: You are not allowed to share this article on any other website or on Facebook without providing proper credit and the original article link on theAsianparent Malaysia website