Homeopathy to induce labour – how it works
Experience short and easy labour with the aid of homeopathy, a non-toxic and non-invasive alternative to medical induction of labour. Read on for a homeopathic guide to inducing labour here.
Medical induction of labour is criticized more and more. It is a harsh method that can lead to complications, so many wonder how many inductions are really necessary. As many pregnant women try to avoid these procedures, alternative methods are now very popular.
Using homeopathy to induce labour is one method that has gained popularity.
Homeopathic remedies can be used throughout the pregnancy, and can have many benefits. Many of these benefits are related to labour.
Homeopathy to induce labour: how does it work?
If there is no medical emergency or condition that requires labour induction, choosing homeopathy to induce labour might be a better option. Homeopathic remedies work on the simillimum or similitude principle: what can cause can also cure. Different diluted doses of one remedy can cause certain reactions, in this case the induction of labour.
It is best to have a homeopathic kit before labour. This will be given to you by a certified homeopath. Generally, remedies need to be prescribed according to your particular constitution.
In case of emergency, you can call a homeopath or ask the pharmacist for remedies. The worst thing that can happen is that it won't induce labour, having no effect at all. But it is always best to consult with a homeopath. Go online or have phone consultation-- these are available on many websites, in case you can't see someone in person.
Homeopathy to induce labour: what remedies are best?
The biggest advantage of homeopathic remedies is that they are not toxic. They don't create a chemical reaction in the way that regular medications do. The remedies act on the whole body in a gentle way. Thus, homeopathic remedies are completely safe to take while pregnant, even compared to herbal remedies.
When using homeopathy to induce labour, there are a few that have proven their efficacy. But in order to choose the best one, always ask a homeopath as some are not available over the counter. Here are some homeopathic remedies to induce labour:
- Caullophyllum - This can generally be given to induce labour if you're overdue. It can actually be given during labour if the cervix is not enough dilated. The concentration CH5 is usually recommended two times a day to help start labour.
- Aceta Racemosa CH15 - Known as black cohosh, it can be taken once a week during the last stage of your pregnancy. Once labour starts, it can be taken every hour. It is helpful when the mother is afraid to give birth. Fear can actually prevent you from going into labour, or to have a short and easy labour.
- Pulsatilla - It is generally recommended when you experience some contractions, but too weak and irregular. It is also good when the woman feels overwhelmed by the upcoming birth.
Using homeopathy for pregnancy
In addition to using homeopathy to induce labour, remedies can be prescribed for other pregnancy problems. Some of these include:
- Premature labour
- Painful labour (to help shorten and ease the process)
- Abnormal bleeding while pregnant
- Postpartum bleeding or pain
These are just a few of the pregnancy ailments that can be ameliorated using homeopathy. There are some rules when taking such remedies. Make sure to ask your homeopath about these when given any homeopathic remedy.