Parents, Let Us Inspire Kids To Dream Big And Change The World!
As parents, we focus so much on our children's physical and mental development. But how do we inspire kids? How do we teach them to dream big?
It’s a big world out there; fast-paced, ever changing and competitive – extremely. And because we are only as big as our dreams, we need to inspire kids to be bold and unapologetically themselves; to dream big because like that Steve Jobs-era Apple ad once said, "The people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who do."
We need to teach children not to fear the space between their dreams and reality. If they can dream it, then they can achieve it.
But little ones are plagued with uncertainty and therein lies the problem. From a tender age, how do we inspire kids to see the bigger picture and to understand what dreams are? How do we get them to dream? Here are three easy steps to get them started.
Dreams don’t come out of a vacuum. They come from the dreamer; they are an embodiment of all that the dreamer stands for. So first off, to inspire kids, you need to fill their bucket. Here’s how:
- Travel, allow them to see the world and meet people from all walks of life. Let them understand just how small they are in the grander scheme of things.
- Expose them to anything and everything – music, art, science, sports and the list goes on.
- Role play, let them be a fish in the pond or a world leader. Allow the power of imagination and for them to believe they can hold the world in the palm of their hand if they’d only just believe they could.
- Read. Books have the whole world in them, peace and mayhem, love and war. They will take them to ends of the universe. Make children read. As much as they can, about as much as they can.
- Share your dreams, share how you made your dreams come true and inspire kids to build dreams, together.
Now that you’ve taught them how to dream, in no time they will start zeroing in on what they want in life. Your job is to set the stage for your budding dreamers. You can start by giving them the greatest wealth – health.
In order to do that it’s important to know how to increase immunity in your child. Every child needs a strong immune system. Strengthening the body as the first line of defense is always better than treating the illness.
Prevention is better than cure!
Feed your child lots of immune system booster foods.
- Fish, like Salmon, that are high in Omega 3 fatty acids
- Chicken soup
- Greek yogurt or food with probiotics
- Nuts like almonds
- Fruits and vegetables – the more colourful the better
These are just a few on the non-exhaustive list. But don’t forget, immune system booster foods also include supplements. Complement your child’s daily routine with an immune system booster like Chewies Immunolicious gummies.
Fortified with a patented Wellmune formula, the hero ingredient in Immunolicious is clinically proven to help strengthen the immune system. Chewies Immunolicious comes in three delicious flavours – Orange, Strawberry and Mango. Pick one that tickles your child’s fancy! Children love its fun shape that makes it appealing and less medicine-ish. And just two of these gummies a day is sufficient to keep health threats at bay.
These gummies are Halal, non-allergenic and GMO free so you really have nothing to worry about.
In addition to immune system booster foods, your child also needs sufficient sleep, regular exercise, good hygiene practices and a smoke-free home. Remember, a strong immune system means less sick days and more time to inspire kids to build their big dreams!
3. Build the Dream
Making dreams into reality is hard, incredibly and unimaginably. Your job isn’t just to inspire kids, you need to support them every step of the way. Start by setting goals. Ensure that their goals are realistic and measurable and take baby steps.
Remember, the road ahead is long and arduous but fulfilling nonetheless. It’s not a sprint but a marathon.
There will be good days and days that can be better and there will be days they feel like giving up. Always ensure them that the only way to go is forward.
So, mums and dads, may you go forth and inspire your kids. Make them dream big and show them that the world is a treasure trove of endless possibilities and opportunities. The world is their oyster; let them find their pearls!