Natural Remedies For Morning Sickness
Natural Relief For Morning sickness:
- Consume ginger drinks. You can boil fresh ginger slices to make a ginger tea that is caffeine-free and safe to drink. Another refreshing beverage, especially if you don’t like the strong taste of ginger, is to drink ginger ale.
- Eat dry toast, dry biscuits or ginger biscuits.
- Eat small but several meals spaced out during the day. It is best to not leave your stomach empty.
- Suck on energy sweets or peppermints. (Plus, they’ll refresh your mouth if you are getting sick every morning!)
- Take small sips of cold water throughout the day. It is important to keep yourself hydrated.
- Consume cold foods or food at room temperature instead of hot foods.
- Take Vitamin B6 supplements. Scientists don’t know exactly why B6 has an effect on nausea, but it could be related to the way it breaks down amino acids and helps produce neurotransmitters. It also stimulates the production of red blood cells, which is very important for the health of the baby.
- You might have heard that pregnant women often crave sour food, and it’s possible that part of the reason is that the astringent flavor of sour food can reduce nausea. Aside from citric fruits like oranges, lemons, grapefruit and berries, you can eat preserved foods like pickles and plums.
- Reduce the intake of spicy/rich/fatty foods.
- Add aromatherapy oils such as ginger, grapefruit or peppermint to an oil burner. Always consult a qualified aromatherapist before using any aromatherapy oils during pregnancy.
- There is a special acupressure point located on your wrist that can help alleviate nausea. Called the “inner gate,” it can be found around one and a half inches up your wrist. Locate the spot between the two bones, and press down hard on the nerve for at least two minutes.
- Buy a “sea sickness band” from one of the pharmacies, and wear it on your wrist. It stimulates the same acupressure point that helps to reduce nausea.
Natural Relief For Bloating:
- Identify the type of food that bother you and temporarily reduce their intake.
- Focus on your breathing, especially if you are prone to hyperventilating. People who are prone to hyperventilating tend to swallow more air when they're excited or anxious.
- Eat slowly and take your time to chew.
- Refrain from talking while you are eating.
- Avoid carbonated drinks.
- Drink from a cup or glass, not from a bottle or through a straw.
- Wear loose, comfortable clothing.
- Sit up while you're eating or drinking, even if you're just having a small snack.
- Exercise; even a brisk walk can help your sluggish digestive tract.
Natural Relief For Heartburn:
- Sleep with your head and shoulders propped up with a wedge pillow. This will allow gravity to work for you and it will help keep your stomach acids in your stomach.
- Don't eat large meals or meals that are laden with fat. They take longer to digest and will sit in your stomach longer, potentially aggravating heartburn.
- Eat more often. Since you are eating smaller meals, you may need to eat more frequently.
- Don't drink while eating. Drinking fluids during a meal will add to the volume in the stomach, which can add to the problems with heartburn.
- Don't eat anything for at least three hours before bedtime.
Natural Relief For Stretch marks:
- Drink lots of water. Hydration is important for your overall health and well-being as well as that of your growing baby, and it is critical to healthy skin.
- Eat zinc-rich food such as nuts or fish.
- Eat protein-rich food such as eggs or bean curd.
- Take your vitamins. This is one more way to ensure proper nutritional status, which is critical for your overall health and well-being, as well as beautiful skin and a healthy baby!
- Use a body brush or wash cloth to massage the areas where you have stretch marks, or want to prevent stretch marks from appearing - this will increase circulation to the area.
- It is quite common for women to develop stretch marks on their breasts during pregnancy, so be sure to wear a supportive maternity bra to give additional support to your breasts.