6 Tips For Safe Travels During Feast
Ensure a pleasant journey home this coming Chinese New Year with these six road travel tips.
Tips For Safe Travels
As families make their way home for reunions during the festive Chinese New Year period, they need tips for safe travels. A disproportionately high number of vehicles end up traveling on our roads at the same time.
Many of these journeys do not have happy endings, though, as accidents spike despite toughened traffic enforcement from the police.
A few simple guidelines can help ensure that your next balik kampung trip will not only be safe, but pleasant and memorable as well:
- The Right Car: Pick the vehicle that offers your family the best protection from the dangers of the road. Keep it in optimum condition, too, at all times through regular maintenance work.
- Buckle Up: All occupants need to belt up. Young ones, especially, must be strapped into child safety seats, preferably attached to ISOFIX anchors. Newborns must be placed in rear-facing seats.
- Keep the Journey Fun: Long outstation trips can be tedious and boring, especially for passengers. Pack some snacks to munch on along the way, and bring along some favourite toys and games for the children.
- Break the Journey: Malaysia’s comprehensive network of highways have some very clean and well-equipped rest stops spaced at regular intervals. Sip some coffee or tea at any of these stops to keep fatigue at bay. The adventurous ones might want to consider culinary detours along the way to some of our nation’s most iconic makan places.
- Plan for Time: Stay tuned to travel advisories from highway authorities and plan your journey accordingly to avoid congestion. Hitting the road early gives you leeway on your timing and also helps you avoid the worst of our scorching afternoon sun.
- Positive Attitude: The mood of your journey home sets the tone for your celebration of the year. Practice good driving habits and carry a positive spirit on the road. Throttle down the ego, rev up the courtesy, and embrace a little bit more communal spirit with each other! Festive periods are meant to be joyful times for the family.
Gong Xi Fa Chai and safe travels!
For more information on Volkswagen’s trade-in programme, visit your nearest Volkswagen showroom to find out more or visit www.volkswagen.com.my