Vegetable Smoothies for Kids Who Hate Their Greens
Start with more fruit and less greens, but gradually adding a little more greens each time.
Do you have kids who never eat their greens? My 2 year old has mastered the art of spitting out the smallest speck of green which I have painstakingly chopped finely by hand.
I have compensated by giving her probiotics and lots of fruits. Even then she was picky with her fruits.
“Why not try giving her smoothies,” suggested the family doctor, when I visited her last, “Blend the veggies raw with some juice to cover up the taste. Buy organic if you can. You just need to make sure you clean your fruits and vegetables really well.”
Melaleuca Pure Harvest
She suggested Harvest Pure from Melaleuca which really washes off all the wax and other coatings farmers put on their fruits and vegetables. All you need to do is to soak them for about minutes and you would be left with clean grapes.
You do need to have a membership with Melaleuca though, but I’m sure you can ask around to “tumpang,” as quite a lot of Malaysian mummies are sworn members.
Ease Children into Loving Green Smoothies
Having to sneak raw greens to a little picky eater may seem tricky because to be honest, raw greens do have a very distinct taste. Here are some ways to introduce green smoothies:
- Start with more fruit and less greens, but gradually adding a little more greens each time
- Use creamy fruits like frozen banana or mangoes
- Use a high-powered blender that can blitz the greens till it is smooth.
- Serve with a straw! Nothing is more fun than slurping a cold drink
- Use a coloured or opaque cup for serving so they can taste the yumminess without seeing the green.
Green Smoothie Recipes
Blend and serve:
– 1 1/2 cups frozen organic mixed berries
– 1/2 cup frozen organic peas
– 1/2 cup organic fresh spinach
– 6 ounces organic whole fruit strawberry yogurt – 1/4 cup organic 100% berry juice
2 cups spinach, fresh
2 oranges, peeled and seeded
1/2 cup water
1 cup strawberries
1 cup blueberries
1. Blend spinach, orange juice and water until smooth.
2. Next add the remaining fruits and blend again.
*Use frozen fruit to make smoothie cold. Feel free to use 3/4 cup water and 3/4 cup orange juice in place of the oranges and 1/2 cup water. Serves 2.
2 cups almond milk, unsweetened
1 ½ cups fresh spinach
½ cup fresh mint leaves
4 medjool dates, pitted
2 tablespoons cacao powder
OPTIONAL: cacao nibs sprinkled on top
1. Blend spinach, mint, and almond milk until smooth.
2. Add remaining ingredients, and blend until smooth. Enjoy!
*Use frozen fruit to make smoothie cold. Serves 2.
credit : Wholelifenutrition.net
How To Get Toddler To Eat Vegetables? Parents, It's Not Too Late For Them Love Greens!
A Parent's Toolkit: 40 Online Resources for FREE Printables, Virtual Tours, Audio Storybooks & More
5 Perilaku Anak Yang Nampak Biasa, Tapi Sebenarnya Bahaya, Tak Boleh Dipandang Remeh!
Ayah Kongsi 7 Tanda Yang Buat Dia Sedar Anaknya Ada Autisme, Parents Lain Pun Kena Peka!