Best Places to Countdown on New Year's Eve in KL
Usher in the New Year with a bang!
Are you ready to countdown on New Year’s Eve? Not sure what to do or where to go? Here are some suggestions where to go to enjoy some fireworks and usher in the New Year with your family.
Literally speaking. The Sky Deck at KL Tower, 300 meters above ground feels pretty high enough and oh so Instagram worthy when the fireworks start. Guests will also get the chance to make their 2017 dreams and wishes come true by releasing the hope-filled balloon to the air when midnight strikes.
Neon Countdown is by far the most anticipated New Year Eve Countdown Event. There will be visuals, music, fireworks but the best of all.. plenty of neon paints, after all it IS a neon party. Talk about glow in the dark galore. I’m pretty sure the majority of us are past, if not WAY past partying stage, but I thought it is still worth the mention. Why? Because we could probably still find a strategic view point and enjoy the fireworks with family from Sunway Pyramid.. while day dreaming about our glory days.
Take a bamboo raft for a lazy spin or swing and jump off a platform into the cool and inviting lake. Relax and chillout at Tadom Hill Resorts the day before then party into the night on New Year Eve. Get your Groove On with an amazing line up of indigenous traditional games and music around a cozy campfire would surely entertain you. Well, after feasting on some succulent native food that is. Then at the stroke of midnight, join them in ushering in 2017 accompanied by a drum circle with more than 100 drums and bamboo instruments. Tickets are priced for RM250 per person.
- KLCC Park – The open spaces at the park provides a clear view of the fireworks. But go early to “chop” your spot because the crowd will be insane.
- Taman Tasik Titiwangsa – Aim for the park’s higher grounds for the best view of the fireworks. A favourite among families, the park offers unobstructed views of the fireworks overlooking the lake. Again go early!
- Bukit Bintang – For families dining in and around the vicinity of Pavillion, Starhill Gallery or Fahrenheit 88, there’s the annual New Year Eve’s street party to be a part of.
- Higher grounds like Bukit Permai(Cheras), Jalan Bukit Pantai(Bangsar), and Bukit Tunku for firework views.
- The Curve – countdown party and fireworks display will be happening at The Curve alongside exciting performances by talented local singers, Suki Low, Nadia Hasnan, Eunice Hoo and Nick Yungkit. You won’t go hungry there for sure because they will also be hosting their first-ever New Year Eve’s food truck gathering. Just think about how much feasting would be in store!
- Desa ParkCity – head on here early too if you want the best spot for a clear view of fireworks.
- Light & Motion Festival Putrajaya 2016 – Enjoy amazing over the top lights with audio and motion display
But if the New Year celebrations are a little much for you and your family, consider a getaway and drive out of the city over the long weekend holiday. Go for a food road trip with family and friends.. or just a simple road trip. Melaka, Penang and Johor are all good for a quick simple getaway.