Healthy eating habits start at home. Eating home-cooked meals together as a family is known to have a lasting impact on children as they grow up, not only physically but also in terms of their behaviour and academic success. Now, we all know that good nutrition plays a major role in our family’s health but getting them to maintain healthy eating can be quite a task! So what can we do to make this easier?
Make Healthy Eating Enjoyable
Whether you’re just starting out on this healthy eating journey or looking for creative and simple ways to encourage your family to eat healthy, we’ve rounded up some helpful tips that you can try, especially with your children in your daily routine.
- Disguise the healthy stuff
Add blended or finely chopped vegetables into your usual pasta sauces, stew or creamy soups. Your little ones won’t notice the hidden veggies!
Always have plenty of fruits, vegetables and healthy beverages like milk, water and pure fruit juices in the house for snack time. You can also make your own yummy dips to take it up a notch!
Eat healthy foods together with your children. You can’t expect them to enjoy fruits and veggies while you’re chomping down that bag of chips, can you?
- Shop, cook and eat together
Get your children involved in your weekly grocery shopping and cook your family meals together. There’s so much you can teach them about the food that they eat and what it takes to prepare food for the family, from A to Z. Cooking and eating more meals at home also means less junk and processed food for your growing children. Best of all, this can turn into a fun family routine too!
As mentioned earlier, cooking healthy meals do not always require fancy ingredients and elaborate methods. What you need is the perfect 360 cooking tool that lets you cook just about any meal you’re craving for, quickly and easily.
Cook Like A Pro With The Panasonic Big Cubie Oven
Worry no more about your busy schedules and limited meal ideas. It’s time to take your cooking to the next level with the new Panasonic Big Cubie Oven! Now, get ready to cook quick, healthy and delicious meals at home, just like a pro.
Superheated Steam Technology For Smarter Cooking
Powered by Superheated Steam Technology, the new Panasonic Big Cubie Oven is an all-in-one smart oven that not only cooks to perfection, but also provides a quicker and healthier cooking process. Here’s what the Superheated Steam does:
- It ensures that your food is always delicious and cooked “crispy on the outside, plump and juicy on the inside”, making it perfect for roasting.
- It promotes healthy cooking by removing excess oil and fat in every dish while still preserving nutrients and natural flavours.
- It reduces cooking time by using high heat energy.
Versatile Cooking Possibilities
The Panasonic Big Cubie is created with enhanced steam function and convection heating technology that provide a wide range of cooking options – bake, grill, healthy steam, healthy fry, stew and fermentation, too.
There are 30 pre-programmed menus for healthy, easy and delicious cooking, as well as 5 cleaning modes for thorough hygienic maintenance. Convenience at your fingertips!
Super easy steaming with three levels of temperature settings:
120°C : ideal for all kinds of meat, vegetables and for reheating food.
150°C: best steaming temperature for seafood dishes.
190°C : ideal for all kinds of dishes with meat, poultry and seafood gratin.
Just chuck all your fresh ingredients together and let the oven do the stewing.
- Convection, grill and healthy fry
Prepare a big feast for your friends and family with the oven’s 30L capacity. We especially love the idea of grilling without open fire!
Make your own pizza, yogurt and pastry! Let your dough rise and shine perfectly with the right temperature settings (30°C or 40°C).
Let’s Get Cooking!
To kick start your Panasonic Big Cubie Oven cooking adventure, check out these quick and easy recipes that will surely take your family on a delicious day to night gastronomic journey!
Potato Baked Eggs
- Cubie function: Convection, Steam Convection
- Preparation time: 20 mins
- Cooking time: 57 mins
- Serves: 2
- 2 large russet potatoes, scrubbed clean
- 80 g button mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 20 g butter
- 2 pcs turkey slice, diced
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp chopped chives
- salt and pepper to taste
- Slice off one third of the potatoes lengthwise. Bake the potato pieces on Convection (with preheat) mode at 200°C for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place the mushrooms on an oven-proof bowl. Place the butter on top of the mushrooms, and the chopped garlic on the butter. Set aside.
- Spread out the diced turkey slices on a small oven-proof dish. Set aside.
- When 20 minutes of baking is completed, immediately place the mushrooms and turkey slices on the baking tray alongside the potatoes. Continue to bake on Convection (without preheat) mode at 200°C for 20-25 minutes until potatoes are cooked.
- Remove the turkey slice bits from the baking tray. Set aside.
- Scoop out the center of each of the two larger portions of potato, leaving about 1 cm of flesh on the skin.
- Season the mushrooms with salt and pepper. Spoon ¾ of the mushrooms into the cavity of each potato. Carefully pour an egg into each cavity.
- Return the tray of potatoes to the oven and bake on Steam Convection (with preheat) mode at 190°C for 10-12 minutes until the eggs are done as desired. Top the potatoes with remaining mushrooms. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Serve hot, topped with chives and turkey slice bits.
Sesame Crusted Salmon
- Cubie function: Healthy Fry
- Preparation time: 15 mins
- Cooking time: 12 mins
- Serves: 2
- 2 pcs salmon fillet, approx. 150 g each
- 2 tbsp black sesame seed
- 2 tbsp white sesame seed
- ½ – 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 green bird’s eye chilli
- 1 kaffir lime leaf, hard spine removed
- a pinch of salt
- a pinch of pepper
- a little water
- a handful sweet basil leaves
- a handful coriander leaves
- Make pesto by blending together coriander leaves, sweet basil leaves, kaffir lime leaf, green bird’s eye chilli, olive oil, honey, fish sauce and water.
- Rub salmon fillets with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Coat the fillets with sesame seeds on the top and bottom (with skin) surfaces evenly.
- Place salmon fillets with skin side down on a tray lined with parchment paper and cook on Healthy Fry for 12 minutes. Serve immediately with pesto and a side of salad.
Garlic Prawns in Egg
- Cubie function: Healthy Fry, Healthy Steam
- Preparation time: 15 mins
- Cooking time: 23 mins
- Serves: 4
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tbsp oil
- 4 stalks spring onion
- 5 medium prawns, shelled with head and tail intact, de-veined
- ¼ cup water
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp sugar
- 2 eggs, whisked and mixed with 3 tbsp water
- ¼ tsp sesame oil
- a pinch of white pepper
- Place garlic in a bowl and mix with the oil. Fry mode for 10 minutes. Set aside.
- Place 3 stalks of spring onion on the base of a deep dish and arrange prawns on top.
- Mix water with salt, sugar and pepper. Pour over prawns.
- Steam o Healthy Steam mode at 150°C for 4 minutes. Pour egg mixture over and continue for another 7-9 minutes until egg has set.
- Drizzle with sesame oil and garnish with the garlic and some chopped spring onion. Serve hot.
Tip: Anchovy or vegetable stock may be used in place of water.
Slow Cooked Lamb Goulash
- Cubie function: Grill, Stew
- Preparation time: 20 mins
- Cooking time: 1 hour 50 mins
- Serves: 3
- 350 g lamb cubes
- 1 yellow onion, quartered
- 4 cloves garlic
- ½ tsp dried marjoram
- 1 ½ paprika
- ½ tbsp sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ black pepper
- 120 g carrots, cut into chunks
- 80 g celery, cut into chunks
- 1 red capsicum, cut into chunks
- 1 tomato, cut into 8 pieces
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 120 ml tomato puree
- 80 ml water
- 2 sprigs chervil, for garnish
- Mix together lamb, onion, garlic, marjoram, paprika, sugar, salt and pepper in a casserole pot. Cook using Grill mode for 20 minutes.
- Add carrots, celery, red capsicum, tomato, Worcestershire sauce, tomato puree and water, stir well. Braise using Stew mode for 1 hour 30 minutes, stirring every 30 minutes. Garnish with chervil. Serve hot.
Tip: Serve with boiled potatoes, rice or bread.
Begin Your Cooking Adventure Now!
Are you all fired up to get your apron on? Let’s feed those rumbling tummies at home with loads of yummy healthy foods!
Get your very own Panasonic Big Cubie Oven NU-SC300BMPQ now at RM2,799.00.
Click here for info on Panasonic Online Store Malaysia; Or here to find your nearest Panasonic retailers.
If you wish to learn more about the amazing Panasonic Big Cubie Oven, click right here!
*Special offer for early birds*
Get a complimentary Thermocafe 2-tier lunch box as well as a limited edition Panasonic Big Cubie Cookbook* while stocks last!