Here's how you trick people into thinking you're good at makeup
Mummies, here's how to trick people into thinking you're an expert at makeup!
Ever wondered how you can fake that you're good at makeup when you're really not? Here are 10 tips to get you started!
1. You don’t have to buy branded goods for them to work just as well
Buy makeup tools that are multipurpose and when all else fails, use your clean fingers!
When you first start out, do not get duped into thinking you must commit to a certain brand and buy the whole set, which you might not end up using at all. There are so many drugstore and Sephora in house brushes worth considering.
4pcs Pro Beauty Flawless Makeup Blender Foundation Puff Multi Shape Sponges New Multicolor (RM18.80): Not technically a brush, but it blends well for a smooth coverage for foundation and can also be used to blend all makeup from blush to concealer. This set comes in both teardrop and hourglass design
Cosmetic Eye Angled Eyebrow Brow Brush Makeup Tool (RM13.98) : Useful for eyebrows and smudging eyeshadow under and in the creases of eyes.
Sigma Blending Brush (RM62): Great for blending all types of eyeshadow and for nose contouring.
Sigma Large Angled Contour (RM97): Amazing for contouring and blush application.
Sephora Colletion Multitasker Powder Brush #45 (RM79): Great for applying powder after contouring and blush.
2. To avoid cake-face makeup, use finishing spray to give your face an even, natural look
Not only does this help your makeup set and stay on longer, but it also gives your face a nice, dewy glow. What better way to fake that you're good at makeup!
Get the Urban Decay All Nighter Long-Lasting Makeup Setting Spray from Sephora for RM 125. Or if money is really tight, just DIY it. Find the tutorial and the ingredients needed here.
3. Apply eyeshadow colours over a light, neutral base to make them stand out more
4. Use eye primer before applying eyeliner and eyeshadow to prevent them from fading or smudging
They also make an excellent job at making the eye shadow pop!
I’m a firm believer of Urban Decay’s Eyeshadow Primer Potion (RM85) and have been using it for years. But if that is too steep for you, here’s how you can make your own!
5. Clean your makeup brushes regularly to avoid product and bacteria build up
Dirty makeup brushes are prone to cause breakoutsa. Breakout are a dead give away that you are actually no good at makeup!
Click the next page for more awesome makeup tips!
6. Fake that you're good at makeup by making your own tinted moisturiser
By mixing your foundation with moisturizer or sunscreen, this will give you lighter coverage, when you want your skin to breathe a little.
7. Beautifully shaped brows helps shape your face
Be sure to keep them groomed and remove any unsightly stray hairs with a tweezer especially if you want to look like you're good at makeup. If you have unruly brows be sure to keep an eyebrow spoolie in your travel makeup bag or buy one attached to your eyebrow pencil. Alternatively, there area several eyebrow wax products in the market which you can purchase to keep them in place.
8. Place a spoon or card under your eyes when applying mascara to avoid messing up your eyeliner or eyeshadow
Image credit: So make me up before you go go
9. Mix old pigments together to create some interesting eyeshadow shades to trick people into thinking you are good at makeup
Tired of the same shades? Experiment: try mixing your pigments and come up with your own shades. Be clear what you’re hoping to create and avoid putting too many shades or it that would be a dead giveaway that you're not good at makeup! Do bear in mind you won't be able to press Glitter and Matte pigments because they just won't bind!
Watch a video tutorial on how to do it correctly:
10. And of course, the best tip of all is to get your beauty sleep and enough fluids
"Beauty sleep is essential for repairing the skin," says Dr. Debra Jaliman, a New York City dermatologist and author of Skin Rules. So if you want to be good at makeup, want supple radiant skin and hair in the morning, remember to hydrate during the day and sleep earlier at night.