Wholesome Broccoli Cutlet Recipe
Do your children love broccoli? Or do they go on clampdown mode at the sight of it? This is an easy and wholesome recipe to serve broccoli to your child.
Does your child love broccoli? Or do they go on clampdown mode at the sight of it?
Good news, this is a quick and wholesome recipe that is great for sneaking broccoli to kids that aren't so hot on it while giving broccoli loving kids a treat! Made with broccoli and potato, you can offer it as a snack or part of a main meal.
Make sure to introduce each ingredient separately to your baby before trying out these cutlets.
1 cup broccoli
1 medium sized potato
1 small onion
1 small piece of ginger, finely chopped
1/8 tsp turmeric powder
1tsp garam masala
3 tbsp bread crumbs/Bengal gram flour
1 handful coriander leaves
1tsp lemon juice
Oil as needed for shallow frying
- Wash and cook potatoes till soft and mash well. Set aside.
- Wash broccoli florets then soak in hot water for 3 minutes. Dry completely with a kitchen towel.
- Finely chop onions, ginger and coriander leaves.
- Mince the dried broccoli florets in a food processor.
- In a wide bowl, add broccoli, mashed potatoes, chopped coriander, onion and ginger, salt and bread crumbs/Bengal gram flour. Mix and add lemon juice. Make sure the dough is quite dry. Divide into equal parts and form patties.
- Heat oil in a pan and shallow fry the patties in medium flame until golden brown on each side. It takes five minutes on each side.
- Your broccoli cutlets are ready to serve!
Recipe from www.gkfooddiary.com/