Does your child love broccoli? Or do they go on clampdown mode at the sight of it?
Good news, this is a quick and wholesome recipe that is great for sneaking broccoli to kids that aren’t so hot on it while giving broccoli loving kids a treat! Made with broccoli and potato, you can offer it as a snack or part of a main meal.
Make sure to introduce each ingredient separately to your baby before trying out these cutlets.
1 cup broccoli
1 medium sized potato
1 small onion
1 small piece of ginger, finely chopped
1/8 tsp turmeric powder
1tsp garam masala
3 tbsp bread crumbs/Bengal gram flour
1 handful coriander leaves
1tsp lemon juice
Oil as needed for shallow frying
- Wash and cook potatoes till soft and mash well. Set aside.
- Wash broccoli florets then soak in hot water for 3 minutes. Dry completely with a kitchen towel.
- Finely chop onions, ginger and coriander leaves.
- Mince the dried broccoli florets in a food processor.
- In a wide bowl, add broccoli, mashed potatoes, chopped coriander, onion and ginger, salt and bread crumbs/Bengal gram flour. Mix and add lemon juice. Make sure the dough is quite dry. Divide into equal parts and form patties.
- Heat oil in a pan and shallow fry the patties in medium flame until golden brown on each side. It takes five minutes on each side.
- Your broccoli cutlets are ready to serve!
Recipe from www.gkfooddiary.com/